contractions?

This is my 3rd pregnancy but my first two were induced so I never had to worry about going into labor at home and timing contractions. The problem is I have had the braxton hicks and they are very painful but tonight I keep getting the painful contractions and then also i'll get what I think is a contraction but i'm not sure. I get pain in my back that shoots up my spine and I get really hot and it's hard to breath. I get either one or the other and they have been about 15-20 mins apart. Anyone else felt the pain in the spine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a contraction but don't get too concerned until they get about 5 mins apart. They may get intense but hold out as long as possible if you have concerns go to the hospital and walk around the parking lot. If you goi in an your 4 centimeters they will admit you and you may be there for a while and won't be able to get up. as they get more intense you will get restless and sometimes want to walk and sometimes want to sit but if you walk around it will make it progress farther and faster meaning less labor time and the hospital is right there. P.S if you have thid big urge to go pee but can't immediately get to the hospital
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 9:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my dr said if you get 6 in an hour that is to many and to get checked soon
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you can tell if you are contracting, by when you get the pain put your hand on the top of your beely and if it ges hard then when i pain starts to go away and your beely gets softer again then its probably a contraction. thats how i was able to tell with mine. mine werent painful at all, but i sould still tell cause my belly would get hard then it would get soft again.
    Anonymous

• the pain in the spine is most likely back labor - I had the back labor for 3 days before I had my son
    Anonymous