how old before you start tummy time?

i was just wondering when was a good time to start putting the baby on its tummy? i dont want to do it to early but i dont want to do it to late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my daughter's pediatrician told me i could start tummy time as earlier as possible even with the cord still on....so it's pretty much up to you really...just when ever u think it's the right time for ur baby
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• thanks, my baby is only 3 days old, so i wasnt sure if i sould wait or not
    Anonymous

• Tummy time doesn't have to be just on a flat surface. Technically your baby is doing tummy time while laying against your chest. That's the most time my daughter gets on her tummy, lol. She'll be a month old on the 26th.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You can start them whenever. You can even let them nap (not sleep) on their tummies (supervised). You can also lay on the floor and have them on your stomach. Just gently ease them into it by gradually increasing the time and variety of activities. Good Luck!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Day 1.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2009