how did you get your baby on a schedual?

right now my baby will eat for like 10 min. then fall alseep unfull, then he will wake up like 15 to 20 min later hungry and then eat for about 10 min. then fall asleep for another 15 20 min. he keeps doing this all day and night. i try to keep him awake longer, by unwrapping his blanket and taking off his sleeper, but he just falls asleep. i am getting no sleep at all, and its really starting to hurt my breasts because of the how often hes feeding. any help would be great thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Find a way to keep him awake, you're in charge, not him
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• how old is the baby?
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• hes only a few days old. and people keep telling me that he will stop. but its really starting to take a toll on me. i know that i wouldnt get much sleep but im not getting any.
    Anonymous

• Try pumping and using a bottle. As he falls asleep twist the bottle around in his mouth. Depending on how old he is you might could start him on rice or oatmeal cereal.
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 9:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• He's in a growth spurt. Just be patient. I would put some lanolin on your breast. Babies go through this is is called cluster feeding. And yes it hurts. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• How old is your baby? Is he awake longer than 15-20 min. at all? sorry for the questions...
    Anonymous

• i used a damp washcloth or wipe on my son to keep him awake. i know it sounds mean but it worked. dont worry too much, it will get better. hang in there. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well the people are right your baby will get out of it...When my daughter was a week old and my boyfriend and I had to wake her up every two hours to feed her...It really sucked but when they are a month old they'll start to stay up a lil more and sleep longer! just wait it out for a couple of weeks and u'll see it all changing.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Your baby will grow out of this phase, but in the meantime, try wearing him in a sling so that you can easily put him on your boob everytime he's hungry and then just leave him there while he sleeps. I can remember laying next to my son when he was a month old while he nursed, then he fell asleep, so I took a nap while he slept. When I woke up, he was awake and eating again. I didn't even have to lift a finger and I was able to take a nap, too.
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Try to hang in there.... if you pump and let someone else take a feeding, you will be able to get some rest. If you have to supplement with formula once or twice at rare intervals to build up supply to pump or let someone else feed it is ok. You need to get some rest so you will be able to properly take care of your baby. Try everything you can think of to get your baby awake; walk outside in the sunlight, walk in front of a fan, undress the baby and rub a damp cloth over the belly/legs/feet. Hang in there and good luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009