Does anyone else think about doing this.

There's been a couple of times me, my boyfriend, & my daughter is all taken naps...and i'm sooo tired i just wanna shut the monitor off and keep sleeping.."but of course i still get up to get her." I was just wondering if any one else think about that?

Please don't be rude.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol yes and then there is the duct tape and the closet. It's exhausting taking care of kids but we do it because we love them.
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 9:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ughhhh I do that at least once every night. That's usually the time that I poke my boyfriend and force him to get up and tend to our daughter haha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yup! I have thought about leaving her in there. I get up because I love her and I want her to be happy and be able to depend on me. Yes we have all probably thought this. It doesn't mean that you are a bad mom.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• lol yeah when i don't wanna wake up i tell my boyfriend to get up with our daughter... "because i wanna finish my dream." ha ha ...and also people do say if your kid wakes up before u and is just playing around in her bed with out crying then just leave them in there till they get fussy. ...but yeah i was wondering i was the only that thought.....that makes me better now knowing other ppl do. :-)
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• As hard as it is to do, it's perfectly fine to let babies cry. I do it every so often, and be surprised when my son just goes back to sleep.... that's always nice.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 9:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• There have been a few times when I have been so tired that I have let my son cry in his crib for a few extra minutes knowing that he will fall back a sleep if I don't come right away. My theory is this: nap time is for two hours. If he sleeps two hours then that is his business. If he wakes up before that he must lay there quietly or play nicely in his bed. Now he knows. So I take my nap right a long with him. I set my alarm and when two hours is up then I go get him. If he is still sleeping I wake him up so he can get to bed on time later that evening. But I admit, I am in favor of routines. It works for me.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Heck yeah. I loved when she moved to her toddler bed. I could stay in bed and let her play as long as she was happy. She is not able to open her door yet, and her brothers are across the hall and usually let her out.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Every morning I think that!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Don't know if this will work for you...but, my oldest son was always taking the shortest naps and i was always sooo tired! Well, I started bringing him to bed with me during nap times and he slept soooo much longer with me there. We would both get a couple hours in. It didn't seem to change his bedtime routine and i felt like i got some good cudle time in there too.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009