why do i pig out?

is like this: i eat breakfast usually cereal and some fruit around 9am then i drink tea or water (no sugar added).around 2 pm i have lets say a ham sandwich with whole wheat bread and cheese no condiments.with a cup of milk. water after that. then between 5-9 my whole day is ruined we all eat dinner and i over eat then i eat dessert then before bed i have something salty like chips or cheetoes thats that.im upset somone help me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You're not eating enough earlier in the day, so you're extra hungry late at night when it's easy to overeat. Try doing six small meals a day (balanced with protein, carbs and a healthy fat) to keep your metabolism stable. This will help keep you feeling full, and less likely to eat too much late in the day.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ther could be alot of reasond maybe you are depriving your bpdy of a nutrient or vitamin and it complains by saying im hungry or maybe you are having problems with depression or maybe what you think is overeating really is just you giving your baody what it is asking for if you are having alot of problems with it go see your doctor and see what he says
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 9:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yeah I agree wtih halfpint:)

I do this same thing every time I diet. When I restrict myself I SNAP. I stopped dieting and interestingly enough I am losing weight:) Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I agree with halfpint..... you're not giving yourself enough through the day when you're most active. Then by evening you're famished.... more meals throughout the day.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Cravings.

Eat lots of fruit as much as you desire before every meal...PLUS have a large green salad daily or green smoothie - this will help immensely with cravings. If you start your day with a green smoothie and ocntinue to eat fruti before everything you eat you wont overeat in the evening.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Eating a large breakfast helps. I have seen most "diets" recommend at least 300-400 calories. I rarely eat at night when I have a big breakfast. I usually have some cereal, an orange, danacitve, and a glass of milk.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes, you need to eat a larger high quality breakfast and then a couple of hours later have another healthy snack and then go on like that thru the day. Make sure to include protein and dairy in your morning too because it is filling and will you stay and get full. And eating cheetos and anything sugary before bed is not good either. Try to eliminate sugar from your diet. Sugar will make your body think you are MORE hungry.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009