I really need some advice. I have identical twin boys who are a year old and in the bitting stage and it's really bad. They bite any near their mouths. Does anyone have anything that would help? I'm despret.

mom_of_three21

Asked by mom_of_three21 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I owned a childcare business for 10 years and whenever we had trouble with a biter we would do 'ice therapy'. I would have my teachers let the child/ren eat ice chips or crushed ice about every 45 minutes throughout the day. This helps numb the gums, and the children love eating ice. Make sure you break the ice into very small pieces to avoid choking. You could make your own ice cubes by freezing juice if you like. Another idea would be popsicles, a little messier and lots of gooey sticky stuff, but they would work well too. I hope that helps!
    kendaleigh

Answer by kendaleigh at 2:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• along with the above idea- when we were kids, we would pour kool-aid into ice cube trays to make our own popcicles- you could give them something a little sweeter than just plain ice
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i just try to keep something in their mouths, i.e. pacies, cold teething rings, etc. it also seemed to help with my daughter that i said "NO BITING!" every single time she bit when she first started biting (and still do), then gave her a one-minute time out where i held her firmly against me and wouldn't let her move or get down. then at the end of the minute i said "NO BITING" again and let her down. now she actually pauses before she bites, and most of the time doesn't actually bite down any more. my b/g twins are 14 months now and cutting molars. they are having a horrible time with it, but actually aren't biting too much. i think it's due to the looks and the "don't even think about it's" they get when i feel there little teeth on me or see their mouths on each other. hope this helps.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008