• In the Spotlight:

faint line on hpt?

My period should have started this morning. I am always like clockwork, to the point that I know when I'll start almost to the hour! The only time I have ever been late is when I was pg with my boys... I had a cheap hpt at home and did it this AM- it was negative. But tonight I bought a first response early result hpt and there is a faint pink line- not very dark but dark enought that no matter the angle you hold the test, you can see it. And I set it on the floor in the bathroom while I sat and waited for results- I could see it even when I sttod up, but not very well, like the control line... So. Is a faint positive a positive? I'm thinking I'm going to re-test in the AM when I wake up... Any input would be appreciated! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It probably is positive. Just take another in the am and use first morning urine. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• They say that a faint line is positive.
    Anonymous

• it would not show any kind of positive if you sisn't have that hormone in your bosy and it wouldn;t be there unless you were preo. Congrats!!!
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 9:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had a faint line with my daughter the first time. I thought it was a negative. A few days later I still hadn't gotten my period so I took another one and the line showed up fast and dark. So I would said its a positive. Congrats!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Id say congratulations...I took a test it was neg then bang two days later it was pos. it should get darker tommorrow good luck.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• First of all, cheap tests are reliable, too. If you read the results within the time frame of the instructions, and got that positive within the allotted time, then you are probably pregnant. Cheap tests, like those from the Dollar Store or Dollar General detect a level of 25, which is actually higher than some of the tests that are more costly. It is also possible that your levels increased significantly if you are talking about a 10 or more hour difference, as your HCG levels almost double daily. I suggest taking another test tomorrow. If you get another positive, or questionably positive, get into the dr office. They will confirm it for you and begin your prenatal care. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yup, you are preggo!! Congrats!! I have always been told that a line is a line is a line is a line..... LOL
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• well i used to be the same way with my period and when i didnt get it i went and got a hpt [it was a two pack] and i did one that night which came up negative , i took the other the next morning and it was faint . i waited a couple days, re tested and they were negative so i decided to go to my local clinic and got a test there which came up positive and now i have a handsome 4 month old . hope i could help.
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree ... a line is a line is a CONGRATS!!! You're PREGNANT!!!
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• agreed, CONGRATS MAMA!! SPREAD SOME OF THAT PREGGER DUST MY WAY!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 8:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009