Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats a girl to do

ok heres my problem well me and my sons father no longer together and its kinda hard for me to really get over him one day i think im over then the next it like im not over him. but for him to tell people we know that he is a stand up guy then why havent our son seen him or even recieved anything from him and his excusse is that he doesnt want to see me or even talk to me he feels i wanna fight him but on the happy note their is someone who is so interested in me but im not quite ready to jump into something new for the simple fact that im not ready what is a girl to do about my sons father and the new dude

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • i think you should go for the new guy if your still not over babys daddy maybe the new guy will help you out a little.. and if BD finds out thats so gonna throw him off hes gonna wanna use the excuse to see your son but just to see who the guy is.. this happened to my friend.. GOOD LUCK

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • its seems you have a dead beat dad who has to lie to everyone else to prove hes something he is not. As far as this other guy, be careful and be honest. Go slow, and he should respect that completely. You will get over him in time. Just dont give yourself the chance to go back to him or anything. Keep a safe distance. As much as you want your son to know his dad, remember that you dont want a dead beat instilling his "stand up" ways to your son. you can file for child support if you need/want him to help. Consider yourself a single mother. You need to be strong for your baby. You can do this, so many other have. People will help you, love will find you, and your son will be grateful one day that you did this for him :)

    Answer by briyeti at 2:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • That sounds exactly like my ex. In fact he isn't contributing anything now either. Don't go back to your ex, he's just going to treat you like crap. In fact please file for child support, the state should help you out a lot. As for the new guy, when your ready and if he's still waiting for you, then GO FOR IT! you and your son deserve the best.

    Answer by jvann1 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.