my vagina got kinda darker is that normal?

im 38 weeks pregnant and in the past week my vagina got kinda darker is that normal? could it be because i shave? i have always shaved and this had never happened could it be because i got a few stretch marks and thats why it looks darker

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wow...well first off i'd love to hear how you can see down there!?!?!?! when i was 38 weeks preg. i couldnt even see my feet letalone any good stuff... wtf whats your secret lol
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 3:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• BTW i dont know the answer to that question... ask your doctor if it worries you hun!!!thats what i would do =)
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 3:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• WELL I USED A HAND MIRROR IVE DONE IT EVER SINCE IVE BEEN PREGO I WANTED TO SEE HOW THINGS CHANGED DOWN THERE JAJA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have an answer for you! I have the same problem and I have had it with both of my pregnancies! It is pigmentation (melanon) that occurs in some pregnant women. I don't think it is very common, but my armpits and vaginal area are so dark I look like I am a different race than I was before kids lol. This also happens to some women who have linea Negra (dark like down the tummy). It generally took me about a year to get rid of most of the pigmentation with the first pregnancy. Also some women with hyperpigmentation will get the mask of pregnancy which is weird spots or patches on their face! :)
    Tenners2

Answer by Tenners2 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• its normal even though i havent seen mine since i dunno when and cant tell if this has happened to me but my dr did mintion it one time that it may happen ( he brought it up cuz i asked about the dark line on my tummy)
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Like everyone said it is normal. Mine got darker as did the inside of my thighs with my first. I asked my doctor because I was afraid I had some weird rash. Pregnancy does some unattractive thigns to us that is for sure! Oh and grats on being able to do that at all. reaching around a swollen belly to get around down there must be a hll of a trial.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 8:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Normal..has to do with melanin prodcution and blood flow.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2008