anyone know of a site that shows me which breed of dog bites .....

the most. i have been looking and can't find one. just statics on how much people are bitten and dog bite laws. i heard the german shepard was the number one dog. my son wants one but i also heard that the golden retriever was number 3 due to extensive breeding. so which is the number 2 dog and is it true german is the #1. this really sucks. my sil has 2 and the male dog bite both my sons and with this new litter the female has been biting now as well. does any site which or do you know?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pets

• melody77..i just LOVE that answer you gave! ALL dogs will bite! but its the little ones that tend to be the nippers more than the big ones and we just dont hear about it becuase a little dog cant kill you. and to ANON..67% of pits?? BULL SHIT. there are 25 different breeds that look identical to the pit..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• http://www.trivia-library.com/a/9-dog-breeds-that-bite-the-most.htm
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• german shep. is num, 1 b/c they are police dogs. i am a vet. and there is no breed that bites more than any other. its all in how they are trained
    Anonymous

• no dog breed bites mre than another
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It has absoulutly nothing to do with the breed its how they are brought up from puppies!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Breeds have traits and even well trained dogs can bite just like any other. No dog breed bites more then another look on the net they show that 67% of fatality dog bites are from pits. Just type in google breeds dog bites. You should be lead to something
    Anonymous

• LOOK WHAT I FOUND! i cut and pasted.
    There is a Dog Statistics done on every dog each year that shows what dogs are more aggresive than others. Are you ready? Don't believe me look it up. Atts - Amercian Temperament Test Society
    Anything above 80% is good!!!!
    Dalmation 81.8%, Husky 86.6%, German Shepard/ cop dog 83.5%, Rotts
    82.6%, Mastiff 83.9%, American Pit Bull Terrier 84.3%, American Staffordshire 83.4%, Staffordshire Bull Terrier 85.3%, and Boxer
    84.3 I don't know where they got there information but debatable.
    Now the beloved little dogs..
    Collie 53.3%, Bichon Frise 79.3%, Corgi 75.4%, Chihuahua 70.3%,
    Dachshund 70.2%, Setter 75%, Schnauzer 75.5%, Lhasa Apso 69.2%
    I think we can all see that the little ones are far more aggressive than the big ones. the damage from a little dog is not as bad

LINK:http://www.petsdo.com/blog/top-ten-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i did have a corgi that bite a kid around the corner. my mother had the y pound keep him. i don't know if he was put down or not. she didn't know what happened she just decided to turn him in so she would avoid a fine.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• lol..and i just now realized you're also the poster. im just glad that you're having an open mind to all the different breeds. its not the dog but the owner.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• haha anon at 10:30...you should do a little more research into that 67% and find out how many are really pit bulls...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2009