35 weeks and 1 centimeter dilated.... QUESTION???

So i found out im 1 centimeter dilated and the doctor said im 70% something (didnt here what she said and didnt bother to ask i know dumb me) and she said my cervix is already soft how it should be getting. My question is..... Is it true once you get to 4 centimeters they keep you in the hospital? My sis in law is also PG and said once she reached 4 cent. they kept her in the hospital. But we go to different hospitals. Is it different with each doctor or no??? And what do yall think the 70% ment????

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably that youre 70% effaced. i think all hospitals keep you at 4 cent.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• the 70% would mean effaced. It could mean that labor is close, but not necessarily. With my youngest I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced for a few weeks. I am 35 weeks now and have been 1 cm dilated for at least a week. I didn't ask about being effaced, b/c I don't want to get my hopes up. The 4 cm thing sounds right, but I'm not positive about that.
    Soccer_Mama

Answer by Soccer_Mama at 10:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• A lot depends on the hospital. If they are having a slow night, they may keep you. If babies are popping up like popcorn they may ask you to rest at home for a bit. I know once I hit four though, I'm pushing out a baby within an hour though, so they never send me anywhere.

If it's your first, it may go a bit slower for you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i think at 4 they consider it active labor and would propb keep you but 1 cm at 35 weeks, you could stay that one until 40 weeks lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• 4cm they keep u and ur dr meant 70% effaced meaning ur cervix is 70% thinned.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009