Can you get a positive pregnancy reading when you are at risk of getting preeclampsia

cheri00023

Asked by cheri00023 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Huh? Getting a positve test has nothing to do with pre-eclampsia and that comes at the end of the pregnancy typcially anyway. You would know you were preg well before you had any signs of it. I am not sure I understand your question.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yeah... this question makes no sense. Clarify?
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 1:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Preeclampsia doesn't usually occur until after week 20. It does not affect a pregnancy test in any way. I was diagnosed with PE in my 25th week. All my pregnancy tests were positive.

If you're wondering if you can get pregnant if you're at high risk for PE, yes you can. You will just be followed more closely during your pregnancy and you may have to see a perinatologist.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 4:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008