uhhh am i wrong for feeling this way??? please read

ok so iam 17 and i had my son when i was 14 i basically lived on my own since he was born i lived with my aunt when he was born but we were never really close and she never helped me then me and the father of my son got a appartment when i was almost 16 i have been working and in high school since then and i am graduating this May and not behind any but lately i have just been feeling like wow this is just soo much i never felt like this before any havent really changed anything but have any of you just ever felt like everything was just TOO much? do you know what causes it? cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• i just dont want to do basic things like the house work or cook dinner or do laundry i dont know whats wrong with me please help???? any ever went though this is there anything to pull me out of this??? thanks!!!
    Anonymous

• i get like occasionally. you just get burt out on life in general. take some time for yourself. find a babysitter and get out of the house for a few hours. it gets better!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would say that alot of what causes it is your age, your schedule (work & school, and taking care of a child and your SO). You are just wearing yourself thin. You need to take a day or so just for yourself! Getting overwhelmed happens no matter what your age is, or your workload. Taking care of a child is extremely hard and can be draining. Do you have anyone that can watch your child for a day and you can maybe lay on the couch all day, or go shopping, or do something just for you?
    I applaud you for having your child so young and still going through with your education, AND raising your child. It's ok to feel overwhelmed.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You might just be feeling overwhelmed b/c you are at the end of your senior year. I had that same feeling coming up on graduation. I was working full time and going to school full time. You have had a lot on your plate for the last 3 years. You might want to see if you cna get away for evening with some of your friends. I am proud that you are going to graduate. I know that it is hard thing to do with a baby. Good luck!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Bless ur heart. Do u have anyone to talk to? I am a mother of 4 and my husband works full time and goes to schol in the evenings so yes I know what it's like to not want to do anything and that sometimes I am overwhelmed. It sounds like you may be depressed and stressed. If you need someone to talk to just e-mail me. I may not have all the answers but i am here.
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 9:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it happens! i am 28, maried, with a house and eerything your "supposed" to have to have a family, and i STILL sometimes feel like its too much.
    just take a break and eventually the feelings will pass, and find someone to vent to (like us!)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 10:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• u are a very admirable and strong mother! i think u jsut need to have a break! i am soo proud that u are graduating! it does get easier...i myself am going back to school soon....i know it is a lot to juggle for u at the moment..but just tell your self part of it is almost over....and don't be afraid to take a break every now and then...maybe your SO could help relive some of your burdens! keep your chin up! and yes i do feel like that every now and then...I am a single mother of 2 due to a divorce....i am 24 years old ..i work full time...we have our own place...and next month i am going back to school...i sometimes have days where i dont wanna do anything...well but sleep that is....but then i remember if i don't get up and go to work and take care of my kids who will...they are my driving force..why i get up every morning...CONT...

Anonymous

• ...CONT....and sometimes it helps to do what my mom told me...at night when the day is done and the kids are asleep just go into their rooms and look at them...how peaceful they are how sweet they are...and not only how important they are to you but also how important you are to them....YOU CAN DO THIS! keep positive...and when it gets to hard i tell myself ...this time next week it will be better!
    Anonymous

• That is a natural part of growing up
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You have a lot on your plate. Cut yourself some slack. For now, focus on caring your son and finishing school. A lot of other things can be let go for now until you get through this rough time. The laundry will still be there tomorrow but your little man will be grown too soon. Do what you can and make sure you take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, eat well, take time for yourself. Find someone to take your son for a bit-a family member or find another mom to trade babysitting with. Good job on being such a good mother at such a young age!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009