Do they keep you in the hospital once you reach 4 centimeters??? PLEASE HELP! A FEW ANSWERS!

So only once person answered my other question but now this is my main concern and question. Im 1 cent. dilated and my sis in law told me once you reach 4 cent. they keep you in the hospital is this true for most hospital or true for all hospitals???

PLEASE ANSWER!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd imagine it's true for all hospitals, however I'm not too sure and it's something you'd want to ask your doctor. It would ultimately be up to the dr if you stay or not.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• usually if you are 4 cent. dialated you are going into active labor. i mean normally you dont just happen to be 4 cent. w/o realizing it. can i ask why you are concerned about it?
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes, at 4cm you are considered to be in active labor, and they will keep you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had a friend that was at 4 but not progressing and they sent her home. They induced her 3 weeks later.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if you are having contractions or leaking (your water breaks) because you could be at 4cm for weeks
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 10:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My sister just had her baby and they let her leave at 3 centi. but she came back in a few hours she was at 4 min (contractions) on the way to and by the time she got to the hospital she was 2 min apart and with in 15 mins of being at the hospital she had the baby. So yes I would think they would want to keep you.
    Anonymous

• most times at 4 they keep you, but you can stay that 1 cm for weeks with no progress!! dont stress :) i was 1cm for like 2 weeks before my water broke and even then it took 15 hours (yes 15) of pitocin to get me to 3!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• THANKS ALOT GUYS! THATS WHY I LOVE THIS SITE SO MUCH :)
    Anonymous

• unless you're at high risk, they wont keep you below 4cm..so your answer is yes. and rarely once you get to 4 do they send you home. i was at 3cm for 3 wks w my 2nd daughter.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• here at 4cm they keep u.i dont see why they wouldnt anywhere else
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 10:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009