Can you make a chicken pot pie taste just like KFC's?

Or close to it I love their crust. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.google.com/search?q=copy+cat+recipes&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 10:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• sorry, i don't think I have enough salt in the house for that one! lol.
    But when I make chicken pot pie, I make the dough from scratch and I add alot of seasonings to the flour before mixing in the water. poultry seasoning and rosemary are my favorites but once I tried a packet of ramen soup seasoning instead of poultry seasoning - it came pretty darn close.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I use puff pastry as the dough. Just place it in the container your using (pie plate or ramekins or whatever) then put another layer on top of mixture and bake on 400 till golden brown. My husband said "this tastes just like pot pie you buy" (and that was a compliment cuz he loves pot pie from the store.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Mine tastes just like it.
    Defrost one box of puff pastry dough (frozen dessert section)
    Filling:
    1 family size can of cream of chicken soup
    1 bag of frozen veggie mix (carrots, corn, green beans)
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    2 cups of 1" square cooked potato chunks (you can use defrosted cube hashbrowns)
    1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder
    2 large chicken breasts, skin off, cooked and cut into 1" cubes
    mix and then pour mixture in a 9x12 pyrex dish

cover with puff pastry, brush on an egg wash. Bake at 375 until top is dark golden brown and bubbly around edges. Its soooooo yummy!
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I've never had the KFC kind but i can make a homemade one that is freakin delicious. i use chicken cut into cubes, vegetables, cream of chicken soup and than i use bisquick as the crust it's freakin amazing.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 2:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009