smoking while pregnant

Do you think it should be mandatory for parents to quit smoking while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes! You are stupid not to. And Selfish!
    Anonymous

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• Absoulutly!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think that it is selfish to not quit. Some people do smoke and it is disgusting.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• What about the father smoking >? Should it be ok for him to smoke?
    Anonymous

• my husband and i both had quit then after stress in the house he occasionally smokes, i prefer not in the house...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ok i never smoked with my first baby and then with my first one i smoked til about 5 months and then slowly stopped.. My oldest never gets sick and my baby is always always sick... i blame it on my self for smoking!!! i quit right away when i found out i was preg this time.. do it for your babys health!!!
    Anonymous

• I think the mother needs to quit for the sake of her childs health its proven to cause lwo birth weight and possible defects. Those are harsh chemcals in there.. Why hurt a helpless child over something you can prevent and stop doing.
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you can't make anything like that mandatory. it should still be the parents choice, even though its common sense not to.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i smoked 5 cigs a day my whole pregnancy my doc said to try my best to quit but its not too much and 5 or less a day decreases risks and my baby was 8 lbs 9 oz that was at 11 days early...but i will say that as soon as my water broke i regretted everysingle one and vow to never do it again (if i get preg)
    Anonymous