Sex After C section

I wasn't sure where to put this .. and it doesn't really concern my daughter so i'm putting it here.

I had a C section 10 days ago.. And regardless my husband and I have been together 4 times since then... once was the day after in the hospital..

And i know what my doctor said but i wanted to know if anyone else was given advice about sex after a c section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had sex 1wk after and I was fine during but had horrible pain the next day. I wont do it again for a couple more weeks I am now 2wks pc and i am starting to wonder if i want to rethink that because i am going insain. Sorry didnt really answer your question.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was told to wait til I was cleared by my doc. I can't believe that you could handle it then. It was incredibly painful at 2 weeks for me. I was actually cleared at 5 weeks.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i was told to wait because of clots ESPECIALLY after a c-section. I didnt get cleared until 8 weeks postpartum to do the deed. i was a bleeder though, i over bled for 2 hours after surgery and they almost had to go back in and operate again. Kudos to you though for feelin up to doing it if my fiance would have asaked that quick after i woulda kicked his butt!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was cleared for sex at 5 weeks post-partum. My belly objected to that since even rolling over or sitting up was still painful for me. I was also a "bleeder" I guess since they had to give me Pitocin to firm up my "boggy" uterus before I bled to the point of needing a hysterectomy.

Actually, even 2 years after the c/s, the incision area is still somewhat weirdly numb and painful at the same time when pressed against.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ewww sex the day after in the hospital is gross.u still have all that lochia in there!
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009