softening the cervix

is sperm the only way to soften the cervix or is there anything else.. not that i was to put some thing foreign in me i was just wondering, i am 3 1/2 cm dilated and doc says cervix is still hard, its bad enough trying to get sex from the hubby... i am 37 weeks btw (please no bashing) doc is going to induce if i reach 38 weeks

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 10:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your dr. can massage your cervix which supposed to help. it hurts like hell though and it didnt really help me, i ended up being induced.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Semen is a good cervix softener.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wow i dont think sex is the only way lol My doctor told me my cervix is softed like it should be getting and im going on 36 weeks :) and havent really been having sex with the bf lately
    Anonymous

• eating fresh pineapple helps soften the cervix,i looove eating it.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Evening Primrose Oil capsules helped me. You can take one or two orally or vaginally. They upset my stomach orally, but if you take them vaginally make sure it's right before bed. It's messy lol.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just read an article that said that doctors should not induce babies before 39 weeks. Why is your doctor going to induce you so early?
    Anonymous

• have you heard about study published in the New England Journal of Medicine last week? Babies delivered at 37-38 weeks have a higher rate of infection, respiratory, and other complications.

A lot of what triggers labor is the baby's making a "readiness" signal from it's own adrenal glands.
    I know you're TOBP (tired of being pregnant) but your cervix will soften and you'll go into labor when you and your baby are ready :)
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 10:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009