Poor boy super sick

He's been throwing up all night. He's 2 years old and I've been keeping him hydrated and trying to get him to eat some toast. Is there anything I can give him to help his little belly feel better?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 10:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The most important thing is hydration....I would say he may need a visit to the doc...if he is dehydrated, they may give him an IV...Popsicles, Gatorade, 7-up anything he'll take...water could make worse...don't worry about the food as much. Good luck and hope he's better soon!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2012

• Food isn't important at this point. Make sure he's hydrated and the desire for food will come (probably in a day or so). For now though, I'd aim toward the liquids that calliesmommie has suggested.

Is he keeping any fluid down? If not, give your doc a call. Little ones can dehydrate so quickly
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2012

• If he can't keep anything down, try letting him suck on a candy cane. If he can keep small amounts of liquid in, try some peppermint or ginger tea.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2012

• Thanks ladies. I just changed another diarrhea diaper and it was a beige color. Is that normal?
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2012

• Gatorade and sodas are a bad idea, they can make diarrhea worse. Stick with water and pedialyte if he'll drink it (it doesn't taste that good). If this goes on for more than 24 hours or he spikes a fever I would suggest seeing his doc. And beige is fine. Bloody, black and whitish are the only colors to worry about.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2012