Is this wrong?

I don't think so but is this wrong, when I put my 14m old to sleep we lay down watch tv a show maybe 2 like dora, wonderpets, diego...as the shows ending(credits) I tell her ok its sleepy time. I turn off the TV and she has her binky(blanket, its my name for it) and her paci... she'll rub her binky on her face and I'll hum a lil ditty... she's usually out in 15-20 mins and works everytime... again is this wrong?

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, but she will need to learn to sleep on her own. I put mine down and turn on her lullabies and her mobile and she is out in 15-20 mins.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No, why would it be wrong? It is your routine, there is nothing wrong with that.

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong at all. Some quality one on one time. Just like story time. However, she will have to learn to put herself to sleep.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If it works for you, it's not wrong :). There so much pressure on moms to make all the "right" decisions, but it is so subjective. Who are we to judge you?
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If it works!! Keep it up!
    Anonymous

• It seems fine to me. It is a time for her to relax, and it works, so keep up the good work. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If it works for you and her, it's not wrong. That's very different from just putting her in a room with the tv on. You're spending time with her, and she's not falling asleep to the tv. Sounds like good quality time with your baby!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• nope i hold my son to go to sleep every night for bed :) and for naps :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no nothing wrong with it....i did something similar..only probs i had was when they got a little older and i took the videos away...they had trouble for a while going to sleep with out them....now instead of movies we read some books...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 10:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong at all. It might not be the best habit to get her in to, but there are far worse ones!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009