marajuana

Has it been proven that marajuana use during pregnacy is bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm yes it is bad its a drug.. Why put that in your babies body
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 10:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i don't believe there are to many studies on the subject, but i did smoke pot once after i found out i was pregnant with my first and i wish i hadn't i was young..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• IDK if its been proven, but I assume it wouldn't be good for a baby!
    Anonymous

• Putting anything in your body that shouldn't be there is bad for the baby. That goes for marijuana, alcohol, and cigarettes.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• your kid may come out looking normal and then years later have emotional and learning disorders.lots of people who smoke pot will say they did it with their kids and whatever their excuses are but it's WRONG.put the baby ahead of marijuana.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's been proven harmful, but that's because there isn't exactly a line of pregnant women willing to try and see. I would say it's less bad than alcohol, but certainly not something I would reccomend. I completely support legalization and I don't judge people who smoke for fun, but your baby deserves the choice whether or not he or she wants to do recreational drugs.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 10:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If you can't even spell it you've probably had too much already.
    Anonymous

• There's very little data on marijuana use in pregnancy. In general anything we have little information about, I'd recommend avoiding in pregnancy. There are lots of herbal treatments that can have medical ramifications such as prolonged bleeding time.

Many "pharmaceuticals" were developed from herbs so just because it's a plant or an herb does not mean it's safe in pregnancy. Besides do you really want you baby to have the munchies????
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 10:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ok..im gonna admit..i am a pothead..of course not while preggo. ive heard from many dr.s mouths that they'd rather you smoke 20joints than 1 cig. but at the same time, they arent recommending it either..like a few of the other posters have said, there isnt enough data to support that it is bad or ok to smoke while preggo. if i were you, i would just quit while preggo and if you want to go back afterwards, then so be it. i smoked until i found out i was preggo w all 3 of my kids and then i quit. GL and it's only 9 months.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• and when the meds dont work and youre in and out of the hospital then what???
    I smoke a few hits here and there to help with morning sickness.. I dont thinks it bad.
    I have comented on this subject before and yes my mom smoked with me. I have a bachlors and on my way to get my physcology degree.. ( Having a pregnancy brain fart sorry)
    Oh and I pull in around 90,000 a year so I dont thiknk it has ANY bad effects..
    I just got back from vaca and a friend of my sisters took phenergen (sp) while preggo and her son came out with a screwed up top pallet.. Teeth sticking almost straight out..
    IMHO!!
    Anonymous