bath

My daughter is 10 days old and the only bath she has had was in the hospital.. we've cleaned her with the wipes when she needed it but she is not really peeling so much as she has white crusty stuff is it normal?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 10:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes its normal. but id go ahead and give her a bath. you can do it in the sink with a washcloth it only takes a few minutes. lotion her down pretty good afterwards it will help with the crusties. congrats!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes, but I would say that she probably could use a real bath and a good lotioning.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It's time for a bath. After time even the baby wipes will leave a film, or white crust. Especially if she is a chunky infant. I would either give her a bath, or at least a spongebath with some infant baby wash.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If the belly button hasnt fallen off yet, try and keep it dry- or clean it really good with alcohol afterwards. I use to lay my bebe on a few towels and bathe her with a washcloth and soap. I didnt soak her in a tub until her cord fell off.
    Anonymous