Breastfeeding making my sex drive very low

At the moment I have a vaginal infection which obviously I don't want my SO going anywhere near there.
I'm usually a very sexual person, and of course greatly enjoy it. But since I've been breastfeeding, it's kind of the last thing on my mind. I want to do it, it just seems to be more of a hassle. Can I do anything about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• In time your sex drive will come back. I promise.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ITS NOT JUST BRESTFEEDING, ITS CALLED HAVING A BABY THAT IS WHY YOUR NOT INTO THE SEX YOU MIGHT BE TIRED GIVE IT A BIT AND JUST RELAX AND ENJOY THE NEW FAMILY
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i haven't had a problem. my son is 15 months and my sex drive is (basically) the same as since before i had him. and we still breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• quietIt wasn't the breast feeding that affected my sex drive. . . It was the getting up every 2 hours to breast feed and then not getting back to sleep

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ha we are currently fighting about this! Our youngest is 5m old and I breastfeed. My sex drive is so low, I don't care if we have sex or not, so I make a point to give in at least a few times a week, but I am never into it. He knows I'm not into it and he is mad, it feels like ONE more thing I should do before I get to go to sleep! I take care of everything in our house, all my husband does is work and he doesn't appreciate that I care of three boys, and the house and pay the bills and so on and so on....I am tired! I can only give so much of me, and I feel drained!
    Anonymous

• It's not the breastfeeding. Your body knows you just had a baby, therefore no need to reproduce, therefore no interest in sex.

It'll come back.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009