Early Potty Trainning!

I put my 7 month old on the potty when i was in the bathroom and see pooped. I didn't thing she would do anything i just did it for fun. My mom said that she read something that said that early potty trainning is good because the will learn it quicker and be easier to train. My mother in law knew someone that had their kid trained by 6 months of age. Is is crazy to be doing it this early. Could it hurt or help anything. Advice Please.

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Many moms do elimination communication from birth.. There is no such thing as "too early".
    My DD1 was fully out of diapers by 18 months. So was I, for that matter..
    If she'll sit on the toilet, let her!
    Potty training is a lot of fun (in my opinion).
    There's no harm in putting her on the toilet and trying!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• im not sure that you will be able to potty train her this early and i dont think its something that should be forced (you shouldnt expect her to potty train) but as long as she is interested in it there is no harm in it. however, if she loses interest you should stop and wait until shes older.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• PERSON THAT ASKED THE QUESTION: She did poop when i put her on the potty and she'll set there and dosn't fuss and cry. She laughs, smiles, and plays. I guess that she is pretty intersted in sitting on the potty.
    annamiller06

Answer by annamiller06 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm sure, it might be too early. Maybe she had to go at that moment. I would wait a little longer.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am not sure. My oldest was potty trained AT school by 14 months. Now at home that was another story. At home she wanted to be the baby but at school she was at an infant center where her class room was any where from 12 months to 3 year olds. She wanted to be like the big kids she was very active but my little one she is only crawling nothing eles, and will be a year in 2 weeks. So it is all about what you want to do. I have heard some other countys do it early lookit up.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 11:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• in other countries it's normal to put a baby on a potty as soon as they can sit upright, they call it "potting the baby" as long as there's no pressure and it's just a fun thing I think it's a great idea. One less diaper to change anyway!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 11:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if she will do it this early and likes it let her... dang i wish i was you lol somedays with my dd its a struggle and shes 2 lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2009