DROOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DOES MY BABY SOAK HIS CLOTHES WITH DROOL????
ugh it drives me nuts...5 mos..could he be teething? hes been doing this for a while, but theres no bumps in his gums...his sleep has been thrown off, which is a sign of developmental change, but how can i be sure if its teething or not? and what to do about the puddles of drool????

briyeti

Asked by briyeti at 3:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies drool a lot, especially when they're teething. Is he crankier than normal because then I'd say he's probably teething. But you can never be sure, I don't even think a doctor could tell you if he is or not. The only thing to do is wait it out. As for the drooling itself I'd try keep a bib on him whenever you can. At least the drool might help him stay cooled off.
    jvann1

Answer by jvann1 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It sounds like he is starting to teethe. At 2 mos my daughter started drooling alot, she got her first tooth at 2 1/2 mos. She is now 6 mos and has 8 teeth.
    Scoochiesmommy

Answer by Scoochiesmommy at 3:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• ...as far as the drool goes the only thing you can do is put him in bibs.
    Scoochiesmommy

Answer by Scoochiesmommy at 3:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• bibs are a great investment and its probley teething you can be sure until you start seeing them but if he is biting things or grinding his jaws thats probley what it is
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 6:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My little man is still a pretty bad drooler, and he is 15 months now. He has been drooling since birth it seems. (And chewing on things for that matter!) Bibs are a nice idea but he learned how to pull them off really early. I just keep a clean shirt and a burp cloth handy at all times. He usually doesn't soak his shirts anymore, but his chin in generally glistening.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Its definitely teething. My son lived in bibs for about 6 months, starting at that age.
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Welcome to the joys of teething my son got his two botttom front teeth at the same time when he was 5 months old drooling will stop as soon as they cut through and then a few weeks later it will start up again! have fun!
    millerbabe07

Answer by millerbabe07 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yeah, I'd say he was teething. My son started teething a while back and only now is getting the teeth in. The drooling was the first thing he started doing. But that doesn't mean the teeth will be in soon. It still might be a while.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 11:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• more than likely he is teething. I use a bib for my son. that way he doesn't soak his clothes
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• IF HIS SLEEP IS CHANGING AND HES MORE FUSSY ITS DEFENTLY TEETHING!!!!!! GET THE ORAJEL AND TYLENOL READY!! U DONT HAVE TO SEE THE TEETH BUT THEYRE THERE THEYRE PUSHING THEIR WAY THROUGH THE GUMS U PROBABLY WONT SEE TEETH POP OUT FOR A MONTH OR 2...MY SON IS 5MONTHS OLD AND HES BEEN TEETHING SINCE 2MONTHS U R JUST NOW ABLE TO SEE TWO WITH BOTTOM TEETH TRYING TO COME THROUGH
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2008