Have you ever sold your plasma? (blood)

I came across this online. People actually make money selling their plasma, up to two times a week. They hook you up to a machine that takes the plasma out of your blood and returns blood back to you in the other arm. It said it takes about an hour to do. Some people have made up to $300 a month. So, have you ever sold your plasma? Would you ever consider doing it?

shouldbsleepin

Asked by shouldbsleepin at 10:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• my dad used to do it, but he got lazy and hasnt been doing it anymore. u get pretty good money for it. if ur ever hard up for cash its a quick eazy legalway to get some money
    Anonymous

• I donate blood for free. I thought about doing the plasma thing, but it just doesn't sit well with me:)
    They take your blood out and it drains into a centrifuge which spins it around and takes out the clot factors and everything else thats important in your blood. Then they put the stuff that they don't want back into you!! IDK I give all or nothing:)
    It really is a great way to make some extra income and help people in need at the same time.
    Anonymous

• Yes, actually my husband and I do it twice a week. We make about $720 a month (put together). It is a great way to make some extra money, and you are helping save people's lives.
    Anonymous

• Anony 10:50pm~~~~WOW! That's awsome! Have you had any health problems from doing it other than marks on your arms?
    shouldbsleepin

Answer by shouldbsleepin at 11:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my dh did it all the time before we moved, but where we live now there isnt anywhere to do it. he did it twice a week and brought home about $200 extra a month. he didnt have any health problems fromit, just an extra build up of cartilage from where they stuck him so much. but he is also very healthy, he works out at least twice a day 5 times a week and tries to eat right. i think it really depends on the person, they usually screen you before you can do it to.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009