2 Religion Homes...

How many moms are married to someone a different religion as you? Does it ever cause conflict? How do you raise your children??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was a Satanist DH was I don't really know he believed in G-d. Our marriage has been great. Now we are both converting to being Jewish.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am nondenominational Christian and my husband is Seventh Day Adventist. Since I am nondenominational and my DH feels so strongly about his religion we both decided that our daughter would be raised 7th Day until she is old enough to decide on her own what she wants to be.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• wow. satanist to jewish! that seems like a jump! lol
    i am nondenom. too, but i guess you could lump me with "charasmatic" if i were to have a label. my DH is old school roman catholic. both christian, but HUGE difference.
    for the most part it doesnt cause conflict. i get frustrated when i ask why he believes what he believes, and he can only refer me to "father so-in-so" for the answer. it was just what he was told to believe, and how he was raised. but i want him to know the answer for himself before he tries to teach it to our kids. and i told him that.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 11:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• he needs to know why our kids should believe that way, and not just "because im right, and my mom raised all of her kids that way, so it must be right". that is a conflict we have at times. but we do really well to agree to disagree. i just always pray that God would show both of us the truth that HE WANTS US TO SEE, not the truth as we think it is...that has saved us from arguments...
    ivelostmyself

• The Word of God says a house divided will not stand.
    My husband was into his Native American beliefs and I was following Jesus. We had conflicts because the spirits were at war.
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 12:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was born and raised a Muslim, my husband is a Christian, things are good between us.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My husband has Christian beliefs, but does not live the life. We have some really trying moments because "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." It's a hard life!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My husband is Christian and I'm nothing, it does cause some conflict but we deal with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am pagan he is Christian. We bend where we need to and have a great marriage! There is no conflict! We celebrate all the holidays, only use neutral decorations, and don't Teach either. Our children will not be taught either religion as we feel it's best to allow them to choose for themselves. If they have questions we will BOTH answer them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My husband is a non-practicing Christian and I am Jewish. Because I am the one who is active in my faith, our son is being raised Jewish & DH has no problem with it. In fact, DH celebrates with us all year-round, and I do a little Christmas thing for him in December b/c he loves that holiday (although he does not celebrate any other Christian holidays). Religion was discussed long before we got married, as was how we would raise any children we might have, and I strongly suggest that all mixed-faith couples do the same before committing to a life together (or else it might be a short time together).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009