labor?

ive had backpains throughout the last few months but starting really early this morning ive had horrible pains. i mean kneeling on the floor in tears pain. my mom had back labor with my sister and didnt even know she was in labor until an hour before she had my sister when the hospital told her. im 33 weeks. whats going on? its mostly my lower back but it goes all the way up to my shoulders at times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would make an appt to see your OB or go to triage at your local hosp.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you may be in labor--go get checked out immediately
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 10:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If you have had back pain for weeks, then it could be just your spine is out of whack. I am to the point today, that I can barely walk it hurts so bad. You can get a chiropractor to adjust you still.
    If you are in labor, your stomach will be getting tighter... you would be able to feel it clench and unclench in a pattern. You would time them just as you would "normal" (non-back labor) contractions.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• "If you are in labor, your stomach will be getting tighter... you would be able to feel it clench and unclench in a pattern. You would time them just as you would "normal" (non-back labor) contractions. "-reflect1light

You Can have back labor with out having Any frontal contractions..i would call L&D ASAP and see what they say. GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had back labor.. I know what it feels like. If you place your hands on your stomach, you can feel it tense. I couldn't feel contractions without placing my hands on my belly.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009