Had a baby 3 weeks ago and still having pain at the epidural site

Hi everyone,

I had my 4th baby a few weeks ago and was given an epidural. Ive had epidurals before and never had any problems with them. But I have been having pain right at the spot where the epidural was placed and it seems that instead of the pain getting better, it feels like its worse. It aches and is still tender to the touch. Has anyone else ever experienced this? There wasnt any trouble placing the epidural and it was only in for about 2 hours and was quickly removed with any problems, so im not sure why im having pain now as opposed to when I first came home.

modelmomof4

Asked by modelmomof4 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• SOUND NORMAL TO ME. THE SPOT ON MY BACK STILL IS SORE FROM 6 YEARS AGO.DONT WORRY. BUT IF YOU ARE JUST ACK DR
    Anonymous

• i cant have people touch my spine at the bottom of my back becuase it bothers me..it doesnt necassarily hurt just bothers..but i do have times where i feel pain at the site..ive had 2 and my daughters are 2 and 3 and it still comes and goes..my mother still has pain here and there from her epidurals and her youngest is 23
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you should get it checked to make sure you don't have an infection
    sounds like an abnormal amount of pain
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 11:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yea i had mine almost a year ago and i still have alot of pain. i also have really bad back pain too! but the doctor said its normal.
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• wow...i didnt realize the pain could last that long! Thanks guys :)
    modelmomof4

Answer by modelmomof4 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• join the club i had mine 5 yers ago and the spot still hurts
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i had an epidural but i didnt have problems but they might have got a little close to your nurves i would check that out with your dr
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009