How to clean stuffed toys

I know to clean hard plastic toys. But what about the toys that are stuffed and have hard plastic on them and rattles. I obviously don't want to soak them in bleach water because it will just soak it all up. But i don't want to ruin the things inside of them.

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 10:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I always just wash mine in the washing machine and then air dry them. Nothing has been ruined, but I haven't done this very often.

Spot wiping works well too!
    Anonymous

• if they have a mototr int hem all you can do it wipe them with a rag with watered down detergent and then wipe down with plain water.It is a pain in the but and may be worth risking a run thru the washer.Even if they come out not working, be sure to let them dry for a couple day, they may function again.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I throw them in the washing machine. The ones with the battery thing has a zipper and sometimes you can take it out
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just put mine in a lingerie bag and put them in the washer. You can also use a pillowcase - just close the open end with safety pins.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ive done the pillowcase thing too. these days dryers come with a steam feature, those are good at cleaning mildly dirty toys
    learae

Answer by learae at 11:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Washing machine and a longer time in the dryer (to make sure the stuffing in the middle gets dry.)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• what i do is i put stuffed toys in the washing machine and then leave it out to dry and with toys with battries just wipe them down with a damp cloth and spray lysol on it
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009