This might be random...but...

I just realized that when I pack the diaper bag I pack like I am preparing for some huge cataclysmic event. LOL...I just thought of this because I just spent the last 20 minutes packing the diaper bag. Yes, I really pack like that, because the few times that I do NOT pack for such an event are the few times that there will be such an event! The one time that I do not pack 3 extra pairs of clothes each is the one time that I will need those 3 extra pairs of clothes. The one time I don't just pack the entire can of formula is the one time I will need it. The one time I don't have hand sanitizer will be the one time when DD plays in something sticky and there is no water.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 8:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2012 in General Parenting

• I used to do the exact same thing. And that was 23 years ago! I think it's a mom thing because it's completely true; the minute you don't pack an entire can of formula and an entire bag of diapers is the minute your car will get sucked up into an alternate universe and the next space window won't open for 36 hours.

No shit. This is all accurate
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• Oh i totally remember THOSE days! we wore out 2 different diaper bags because I would over pack for just about every scenario, even if we were just going to Grandma's house! its hard having two little ones in diapers and never knowing just how many they are going to go through! I'm SOOO glad i'm past that stage, right now i sometimes don't even remember to pack a change of clothes for ds (almost 3), but then again he's NEVER had an accident when we've been out and about (*knock on wood) :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 8:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• It's a good thing! You just might need those things.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• I did that for one child. When she was a baby and a bad refluxer I would pack about 5 bibs, 10 burp rags, 3 receiving blankets, 2 bottles, a lunch bag with an ice pack with breastmilk (until 7 mos and then it was formula), 2-3 outfits as well as a lovey. I packed like this for the first 18 mos of my DD's life and now it is so much easier since we are only in pull ups at nap and bed time with panties the rest of the day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• I used to do the same thing...
    : )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• i was the same way - i used a full size back pack for a diaper bag because i had to have so much stuff for just in case!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• Same here I bf so I don't even need the bottles and formula and what have you but my bags are still somehow packed to bursting lol
    Nicky2911

Answer by Nicky2911 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2012

• i do the same think i have 3 changes of clothes, 2 pairs of jammies, a can of formula, at least 6 different snacks, baby soap, 20 diapers, teething gels and tablets, cough syrup, tylenol, toys, juice boxes, baby food jars, blankets, socks, wipes, 2 bottles 2 sippy cups, and then i have a back up bag in the trunk with extra jackets, hats, scarves, blankets, and a moby wrap. every day!!! what if you broke down or stuck on the freeway or had to stay the night somewhere or your babies stomach was upset and had more then 1 blow out or a change in plans or spur of the moment trip your always prepared.... you never know whats going to happen better to be safe then sorry!!!!!
    mommy2bee12-27

Answer by mommy2bee12-27 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2012

• Hahahah...I don't miss those days. It's so nice to be able to leave without anything but my purse and my child...lol When she was little, I was always the one who had to do everything, make sure we had everything etc.....annoying. A little help would have been nice.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2012

• Im the same way cause you nvr know what you might need. I even pack tylenol, bandaids ect
    HmschoolingMom

Answer by HmschoolingMom at 8:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2012