how to get my 2 year old to listen

My 2 year old son Trenton is very smart and ok i understand he is only 2 but how do i get him to stop doing the things he knows better than to do?

TODDLERTROUBLE2

Asked by TODDLERTROUBLE2 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep reminding him that behavior is not acceptable. yes, he probably already knows that but he's two and in his mind he's a big boy and is independent. be patient and consistant with punishment. talk to him about why he cant do what he's doing.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well hmmmm thats kinda tricky....im a firm believer in time out....also when u tell him not to do something kneel down and look at himm face to face when u tell him not to do something(this brings u down to thier level and your not the scary mommy!!!) and tell him he will get time out but u have to be very consistent with this i have four kids i was young when i had my twins (16) i did alot of things wrong with my youngest i tried the more controlled efforts and it worked great after awhile he would start to do something i would ask him do u want time out? and i would ask him what r u doing thats gonna put u in time out and he would stop

RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 11:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009