Should I be worried?

My 2wk old daughter is breastfeeding. She only goes #2 once every 2-3 days. She doesnt seem constipated and when she does go it is very loose. Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope don't worry...she'll start pooping a lot more when she's eats more and it's suppose to be loose...but If your still worry just call her doctor and tell him/her whats been going on.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• not at all! my dd did the same thing, i freaked out! she was pooping every day, then it got to once every 4 or 5 days and its totally normal!! just watch for hard stool, or super watery stool, that would be bad. but regular liquidy poop is fine. shes totally normal and she will start goin more and youll be begging to have these days back lol
    Anonymous

• Some breastfed babies can go up to 5 days with no bowel movements. My baby used to go every 3 days. But when he finally did go, it was not a pretty site.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• This is perfectly normal.
    You may find your baby goes WEEKS without a poop.. Still normal unless she seems really, really uncomfortable by it..
    It is VERY rare for a breastfed baby to become constipated. Keep fibre and fruits in your diet and you need not worry.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009