marijuana help migraines?

I am breastfeeding, so i know i probably shouldn't smoke it. But maybe when I am done...
I haven't smoked a lot in the past because it makes me very lazy and I'm already a lazy ass.
But a few people have told me that it helps their migraines. I get migraines about twice a week and i am so sick of them. Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• I haven't smoked weed in over 8 years. I used to get sooo damn paranoid it would GIVE me migraines. I guess everyones different, though:)
    Anonymous

• 1.it will not help migraines as it restricts your oxygen flow(which is a prime cause of any headache)2.you cannot do it while breastfeeding because it goes right into your child.It will kill her braincells just as much as yours and make her very very sick.Don't do it.
    Anonymous

• it helped me with my migraines/headahces...when i did it...Just after your done breastfeeding just smoke a tiny bit you know till u can feel a little good. "so maybe you won't be so lazy and tired."
    Anonymous

• No, you do not need to be smoking pot for migraines. It may mask the problem for a little while, but it will not be a long term fix. There are ALOT of prescription migraine medicine out there. You need to talk to your DR about your migraines and go from there. They have Imitrex, Topomax, and tons of other medications to help you. You have a child who you are breastfeeding and even a tiny bit of marijuana can be passed to that little baby. You have a right and a choice to do with your body what you want....................... but give that baby a chance to NOT partake in marijuana.

Seriously, talk to your DR............ I am sure they will find you a better treatment.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009