Do you and DH share same political views?

I am more conservative and lean toward Republican, DH is more liberal and a Democrat. We don't talk politics in the house, and when we do, we often lean toward a mutual agreement.

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 11:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • yes we both agree we pretty much think alike on just about everything lol makes it less likely of an arguement lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Noooooo.

DH is a Rep., I'm a Dem. He's conservative, I'm more liberal. He voted McCain, I voted Obama.

It still doesn't cause any marital problems. Most of the time we don't discuss it, but when we do, we usually roll our eyes at each other and hug it out. LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Bill and I cancel every vote we cast.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Mostly. The stuff we don't agree on is more a matter of degrees than taking opposite sides.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Usually.This election he was for Obama and me McCain but now he is starting to come around to my side.He no longer wants Obama as president.
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 11:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• LOL, five. Same here.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• me and my dh are complete opposites! im definitely republican and he is very liberal. we have agreed to never discuss politics! we cant be civil and come to agreements, mainly because hes one of those that thinks his views are the only right ones! i cant stand it! so we just never ever speak of it and it keeps a happy home!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My husband and I think the same things at the same times. . .ONLY POLITICALLY! It's the weirdest thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Dh is a republican and I'm libertarian. Fiscally we see eye to eye for the most part, as far as social issues...not so much.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my dh and i see things the same if we did not we would have more to fight about then we do now.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009