100.4 fever!

Baby girl is 3 months old and she's been teething already. nothing serious until tonight when she just couldn't relax and just gettig more and more fussy. Now she has a fever and she was SCREAMING so I gave her the baby asprin for the pain and fever but when, if at all, should I take her to the doctors?

Hannah-Belle

Asked by Hannah-Belle at 4:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Her fever is not bad hope you have tough fingers rub her gums and let her chew on them until the med's take affect
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 4:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• you can take and put a small ice cube in a wash cloth and let her chew on it thats what my dd did at that age
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 5:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Keep her in just her diaper, and only cover with a light blanket.Put cool wash clothes under armpits and behind her neck to help the fever drop. Infant Motrin seems to help my little one out most. If her temp gets up to 102 I would take her into the doctor right away.My little one gets ear infections with her teething and if the fever gets higher it's a possibility there is something else wrong. Rachel_07 has a good idea,'Munchkin' makes a fresh food feeder that has a tight net that you can put food in that will keep them from choking.Crush ice and put it in there.

I love mine. :)Fresh Food Feeder

chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 6:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Don't give her anymore Baby Asprin. Give her Tylenol or Motrin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Fever is the bodies natural response to changes. In a 3 months old a 100.4 is really not concerning. Most Pediatricians gudelines for parents are call the Dr. when the fever reached 101.5. Our pediatrician doesn't even want tylenol or motrin given until then. Fever is the natural way the body fights off invasion. I'm not saying leave her in discomfort. JUst take caution in being so quick with the tylenol/motrin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• 100.4 is not a high fever for a baby. Give her some tylenol and keep her cool.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Was the temp auxillary or rectal? That does make a difference. But my daughter gets fevers and my son would get ear infections that coincide with teething. Too much tylenol or motrin isn't really good for an infant though. I would recommend using some teething tabs if her teeth hurt, dressing her lightly if at all, and avoid baths for a while. A bath will cool them quickly but will also cause the fever to pick up when they get out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I truly hope you didn't give her actual baby asprin. Stick to Tylenol or Ibuprofen if you can. If the temp you took was externally, did you add a degree to that? You should add a degree to anything taken externally. Babies that young shouldn't have fevers that high and I would recommend getting a doc appt set up soon.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• ReneeK3