Is it Diaper Rash?

I changed my son's diaper tonight and there was some blood just under his testes. Like three tiny paper cuts.. I feel so bad for him! So I'm curious, is it diaper rash or is it something worse? We put some Desitin on it and all around. Is there anything else I should do?
Thanks. :)

SeansMommy1108

Asked by SeansMommy1108 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its probably a bad diaper rash. keep putting on desitin until the redness goes away. also let him air out every hour or so, unstrap his diaper, wipe off the cream and let him air dry. also, put vaseline on him after every single diaper change when the rash goes away. that will prevent it from happening again, plus its the cheapest daiper rash preventer and it works the best!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• the original a&d is the best thing for rashes. It works on any kind of rash. My daughter has had a couple of bad one it cleared it right up. She even had one one time that covered her whole body,
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree with the A&D ointment method. It is the only thing we use, and it doesn't leave a residue or cake up. My son had the same thing, and that stuff wiped it out in no time flat! We have used it with every changing, and it also helps prevent them when he is teething (if he hasn't already gone through that) because they tend too swallow more saliva than normal, and ends up in the diaper! but i think my son got it because i wanted to make sure he was super clean, and i ended up wiping too harshly... We make mistakes, and learn from them, right? lol Good luck!
    AllyGMommy

Answer by AllyGMommy at 1:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009