Toddler Teeth???

So my son is now 17 months and still has only 6 teeth (2 on bottom 4 on top) so what I am wondering is, is this normal? he got his first tooth at about 9 1/2 months and the last one just after his 1st birthday and nothing since then? Please help Thanks!

cannonsmama

Asked by cannonsmama at 11:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes for some kids it is....i have heard that the longer it takes them to come in the stronger and healthier they are--dont know if it is true but i go with it!!!
    tonetoni

Answer by tonetoni at 11:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my DD didnt get any teeth until she was almost 8 months old and then it took forever for the other ones to come through she is 15 months and has all her teeth sometimes it just takes a little longer
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my son was stuck at 12 teeth for a LONG time!! He had missed when he was supposed to get his canines in....I was really worried...but I waited and they FINALLY came in...I still think he's beind though...
    Fightclmembr

Answer by Fightclmembr at 3:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Robyn- Hailey only has 5 teeth so I think it's pretty normal. I can see more trying to come through but they're just being stubborn. I"m going to ask the Dr at her 18 month appt if she would recommend me taking her to a dentist...
    haileysmom805

Answer by haileysmom805 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009