I have feelings that I wish would never happen

I feel as though I sometimes don't want to be a mother but I love my kids so much. Right now I am going through a lot and am very overwhelmed, a single WAHM with no support, no family or friends or church, don't do anything but work and take care of the kids which lately has been minimal at best. I feel that my kids would be better off with someone who could take care of them better although I would never give them up, not voluntarily. I've been in counseling and it never helped me. I guess I am just going through either PMS or depression along with worry etc.
I hate myself right but hope I can get through this.

I know I probably need to get out but I can't. The kids are backwards in their sleep schedule so that is also a problem for me. They sleep in the day and are awake at night and that has to stop. They are only little.

Help.

By the way, I am not suicidal or having any feelings about that. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think your tired!!!! You have got to make some changes. They need to be on a better schedule, you need some time to yourself. I know it hard but you have got to get organized and on a schedule. Your kids need you at your best. You will feel better and you will be a better mother for it! First things first. Get the kids on a schedule. Next find one of those Mom day out program or a Moms group if you have it in your town, that way you get a few hours to yourself or get to talk with other moms. I don't know how old they are but a schedule is doable. Sounds like they are really young or you have twins.
    NiHao

Answer by NiHao at 12:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• im sorry honey, it must be hard :[
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Its normal to have them feelings i have 4 kids my oldest being fourteen years old twin boys i still get them feelings sometimes and feel like im the worst mother in the world my kids r my LIFE but sometimes life can be overwhelming u r probably a tad depressed and thats normal u just gotta remember it could always be worse when u feel like this take a long bath or get pen and paper write your frustrations out put headphones on and listen to music u love your kids and your a good mom life is hard but remember its like a rock in your shoe it wont be there for long im a single mom who dont get time to herself its really hard sometimes but u WILL get through it and your definatly not alone!!!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 12:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sounds like you are very depressed and you need to get to your DR. A chemical imbalance in your body can make you have all of the symptoms you listed plus more. You really do need to talk to your DR. Tell them what you just wrote here and tell them that you want to get your life back. Once placed on a Medication that will help you, you will have your energy and motivation back. You will then want to go out and live life. Your kids have a right to a wonderful, energetic, motivated mom............... give them the best mom ever and get yourself some medical treatment!
    Good luck to you!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think we all feel like that at times. I have been divorced and alone for years. I am weary of men and don't want to bring anyone into my sons life, I work part-time and take care of my mom and my house and sometimes I feel resentful. I'm sure you will wake up again one morning and remember it's all worth it,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I know what you are going through. My dr suggested taking the kids to a family member or sitter at least every two weeks and get out with a friend or just go alone to a movie and have a manicure. This was a life saver for me. I was not single, but my husband did work two weeks on and two weeks off. I hated when he left. I will PM you my phone # I work nights in the central time zone. Call me if you need to cry.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sorry I did not realize you posted anon. I can't PM you.
    mrssullivan