The father-to-Be is homeless now and our relationship is unstable

I'm 27 and 7 months pregnant. The father of my baby is 28 and has become homeless. I had left him because he and I were staying in hotels and then he lost 1 job and quit the other then got a tele-marketing job that didn't pay well. I feel like he was being lazy and dependent on me. Now he's lost the tele-marketing job and is living pillar to post. I stopped visiting him and calling him for a month. I recently saw him and he looked bad. After seeing him that way, I took him to buy some new jeans and sneakers, gave him a phone charger for his cell phone (his grandma pays) got him a hair-cut, a p.o. box for him, fed him and then told him that was my way of giving him a start. I do still love him but in this situation I don't know if I should continue trying to help him or just back off and let him suffer through it alone, mind you he lost both parents within last 2 years and his only other support besides me is in NY.

MissKaye

Asked by MissKaye at 4:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• well first of all to be honest follow your heart if your heart tell you its wrong then let him do it by himself. i know it hurts to see the one you love like that but he might just take you down with him too. i know cause i fell really hard before. you have to think of your little one your about to have..
    jackie240

Answer by jackie240 at 5:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Can he live with his Grandma is need be?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I say get as far away from this guy as you can. He is not responsible enough to be a father or husband/SO.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• With the way my heart is, I would always help him because he is the father of my child and he has a good heart too but a lot of issues he's dealing with right now. All of his family is back East and he refuses to ask for additional help because he feels they're old and don't need to worry about him, he wants to do it himself. I know he hasn't shown any responsibility but I would feel bad to just cut him off completely so I just pray that he'll get his life together.
    MissKaye

Answer by MissKaye at 3:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Well,its kinda difficult to just let him be, because he is the faher of your unborn child. He is however still strong and healthy and can get a job even at burger king( its still a paycheck) better than nothing. Constant follow up with him is good, but letting him live wih you is up to you. He will just rely on you all the time and expect you to do everyhing for him. Grandma maybe should help him out as well
    karen128

Answer by karen128 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2008