What would you do if...

so I have a friend who i met about 3 months ago, and her and her boyfriend live just one door away from us. Well, tonight my husband was going to have dinner with them. My DH brought me dinner and then went back to there house, and when my DH got back to there house he was gone. Well his GF came over to our house and asked if my DH had seen her boyfriend, and my DH said no, so my DH called her boyfriend and asked what he was doing, because he was not picking up his girlfriends calls and so when my DH talked to him he said that he was have tacos down at the new steak house. Well, I always see his truck go down the street where i work... we think he is cheating on her... this is the second time something like this has happened... what would you do?? Do you tell her OR do you just not say anything... before he left i guess he told her why dont we just move out and split up... what do you think??? I am so stuck...

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 12:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• That's a tough one.....
    On one hand if you tell her what you suspect, chances are she has allready thought of it.
    IF you talk trash about her SO then if she decides to stay with him she will always remember what you said to her about your feelings towards her SO and it will cause problems between your friendship.
    Sooooooo.... what to do. You have known the woman 3 months? I would listen to her, and be there for her, but as far as giving advise I would steer clear. Tell her that if she isnt happy then she needs to move on. But dont get in the middle of it.
    Good luck!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would talk to your friends and then see what is really going on and then decide the truth is always the best way to go
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You THINK he is cheating on her-you don't know for sure so I wouldn't assume.

Even if you saw him cheat with your own two eyes I still wouldn't say anything. Its not your job as a friend to break the news to her JMO. Futhermore, telling a girlfriend that her SO is cheating on her could backfire and you, in turn, could look like the "bad guy" JMO. Its her relationship and I would stay out of it! Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if she is ur friend i would talk to her... if ur hubby or SO was cheating wouldnt u want someone to tell you????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't bring up the cheating, but I would talk to her, and find out the problems(if she is willing to talk about them) and try to get her to look at the whole picture.. he sounds like a jerk, but you don't have to tell her he is cheating for her to see what is going on... if you can ask her why she lets him get away with not answering her calls, and go on to asking her what she likes and dislikes about him.. she may come to her own conclusion and leave him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• just tell her what you know, I would hate to think that someone I know knew something about my boyfriend that I didn't know

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2009