Anyone know about this or have it happen to them?

I had my son on Nov. 3rd, 2008. I stopped bleeding the week I came home. I breastfed for 5 weeks. I had a period when he was 6 weeks old that lasted for 12 or so days. Now here is the thing. He is 11 weeks old now and I still haven't had a period since then. I took a test last Friday, Negative. Could I not be pregnant and just not have a period? Or too early to test?

Thanks for the help ladies.

KJDsMommy

Asked by KJDsMommy at 12:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could test if you wanted but i know my first period was screwed up for a whole year after my son i bled straight for 3 months right after i had him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• your body is probably still messed up. i had my daughter in july, i bled for 6 weeks, it stopped for a week then came back for a few days, then i didnt get it for a couple months, then i had it normal for one month, the next month it lasted 12 days, and this month i havent gotten it yet. it takes a whil for your body to get regulated again. i wouldnt worry
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Thanks. I was starting to think something might be wrong. I feel better now.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 12:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you are breastfeeding you probably won have a period when i have my first baby i went seven month without a period

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Your period may not be regular for several more months, your hormones are going to be whacko for quite some time after having a baby!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You may not have a period for a while. They tend to be a little messed up after delivery, and breastfeeding doesn't help things that way either. I didn't have a period for 9 months after my first son was born. It was heaven!
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009