ok for real please help!!!!

well im due and nothin yet. How can i help my contrations progress please help i need to dialate help me

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk other then that i mean i guess sex but those are the only two things i would suggest that are safe for you and baby other then that im sorry but youd just have to wait i was 4 days late and my friend sara just had an emergecny csection being about 4 or 5 days late
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you "need" to dilate and have your baby "now", your doctor will induce you.

some old wives tales you will get told are : eat spicy foods, drink Castor oil, sex, walking...

you can ask your doctor to strip your membranes too, that helps more than the old wives tales.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• walking isnt an old wives tale its actualy told toyou do to by drs because you being up gives the baby room to push down more and if the baby pushes down more you dialate
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Your body won't do anything unless it's ready. Just because you are "due" doesn't mean anything really. A due date is a guess and not set in stone that the baby will be here by that specific day. When your body is ready and when the baby is ready then you will have the baby. And if you needed to have the baby now, you'd be in L&D now, not posting here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well, I was 4 days overdue and we had tried walking since my due date and it didn't help, so we thought that maybe sex would work. We had just started a little foreplay with him playing with me, and my water broke. It may be coincidence, but it may not be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i took a warm bath when i was in labor and i was dialated between 2-3 and within an hour i was between 5-6cm. The mucus plug stuff was comming out more, like the lining, and was pink and then like after 20min of being in the bath I went to get up and my water broke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009