it just grosses me out

im only 17 i know that is no excuse but still....

so im my child birth classes we watch alot of videos about birth and other stuff

and they show the girls va jay jays alot

more so when the baby is crowning

i dont have a problem with the crowning part

i just think it is gross to see the other girls lower parts

it makes me sick to my tummy and i have to look down

my child birth teacher says that it is inmuture of me to do that

there are girls that laugh and makes jokes about it and she says im inmuture

does anyone else think that it is inmuture of me to look away????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sort of i mean unless you are clueless on what it loks like then it shouldnt make you bashful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if it grosses u out it grosses u out has nothing to do with immaturity!!!!!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 12:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i dont think it is!! its gross, i dont blame you! Id be looking away too! every time i watch knocked up i look away when they show the baby crowning. when i gave birth they asked me if i wanted a mirror and i said hell no! i didnt even want to see my own parts lol. everyones different, its not immature
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Honestly yes. I was 16 when I had my first. But once you have your baby and have 5+ people looking at yours at one time and the Dr checking you every few hours when your in labor you will get over it TRUST me. Its ok though dont let them get to you. Just ignore them and watch what you can you will learn things by listening to what the teacher sayd too.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you're just grossed out by seeing her vagina and the baby crowning then yes, you are being immature because you're subconsciously associating that with sex rather than the miracle of child birth, but if the site of blood is making you queasy then you should look away, no one wants to start a chain reaction sympathetic puking string. Working as a CNA at a nursing home, I can assure you I've seen far nastier things than the birth of a baby (which BTW, is a wonderful, miraculous event which isn't gross at all IMO).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would say that you're less immature than the girls making jokes about it. And seriously, I don't know why they need to show you that. I found out which class you learn the breathing techniques at, and that's the only one I went to. I don't need to watch some other woman's birth. It won't be the same as mine anyways, what's the point?
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• That's not immature at all, who really wants to see another woman's area like that?! The videos we watched in my class weren't very graphic, but I was slightly disturbed at seeing other woman like that...the labor didn't bug me, but I was thinking, "Would I want thousands of people (video-viewers) to see that part of me?"
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• its supposed to be educational, i guess its fine for you to look away, but if you got yourself into this position, its only supposed to be teaching you how you are most likely going to have to give birth to your child
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I don't think it's immature at all! I remember my birth class and I left there saying, "I'm NOT doing ANY of that!" because it looked so awful, lol. Honestly, you don't have to look at yourself down there during the labor unless you want to (unless you're like me and there's a frickin tv in front of you that you can see your reflection in!) So awful, lol.
    doublethejoy616

Answer by doublethejoy616 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i dont know if immature is the right word, i can understand being uncomfortable with seeing others naked not all people are okay with that. But the fact is your going to be a mom and looking at someone else's parts every day a hundred time a day is part of that job. Personally I dont see anything ugly about a vagina.

I agree with the comment that said you will have 5 other people in and out of that room looking at yours, by the time i had my first child my modesty was gone lol there is just nothing modest about childbirth.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2009