i am in an abusive relationship right now. i need some help and guidance.

i am really scared of him...he is Mr.nice guy in front of everyone. he is emotionally ,physically and verbally abusive most of the time...whenever he wants something,he is so nice and sweet to me......but if the answer is no then he becomes a totally different person...and the sad part is that my children see this and can still watch tv as if this is all normal..now i am tired after 10 years and want my kids too....so help me

topaz7671

Asked by topaz7671 at 6:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Check out the group "Survivors of Domestic Violence". There’s a ton of info about what to do and you’ll find that you are not alone.
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 6:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You definately need to get out! If you're worried a judge won't believe you when you tell him what DH does then gather up evidence before you leave. Hide a tape recorder in your clothes and when he goes on a rampage, hit record. Try to have a friend or family member witness his actions. But whatever you do...LEAVE PLEASE! You deserve so much better than that.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I say get out. You know what if you need true guidence turn to god he can give you the guidence you need hope it helps and i will keep your family in my prayers and god bless
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 7:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Why does her profile say she isn't a member? I answered her in another section. I hope she's ok.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree with the above posters; Leave.
    You can always come back later with the police or your dad, or anyone trusted to get material things. Or buy more.

You and the kids are vital, and you can't be in this situation safely.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Leave Leave Leave. Do whatever you can but get out! There are support groups out there that will help you leave if you don't have familial support. I'll pray for you hon. PM me if you need or want to talk further.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• How did you post this without a profile? Sign up for a membership and pm me please. I have a feeling about you and I want to help.
    feesharose

• LEAVE NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY SAY THEY WILL CHANGE THEY NEVER DO TRUST ME IT TOOK ME A COMA BEFORE I LEFT MY X DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU GOD BLESS
    anh2231

Answer by anh2231 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• LEAVE NOW!!! GET YOUR KIDS AND GET OUT!! This is terrible to let them grow up with this behavior around them. Pople that are abused as kids are more likely to become abusive! Get a divorce, move to a different state, do whatever it takes to save your life and your kids life... as for proof get a camera and hide it in your home where ever he gets abusive the most to show the police what you're going through
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 4:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Leave before it is too late. He will start abusing the kids eventually. He could kill you. This is a serios situation. Not only that, your kids will grow up thinking that this behavior is normal and be in the same types of relationships. Do you honestly want that for your children. It took my daughter opening the door and me getting beat in the head for me to finally decide to leave my abusive ex. I never regretted leaving. I wanted better for my children. Sweetheart, you owe it to yourself and your children to leave. There are many agencies that will help you with this process. I will be praying for you and your family.
    SexiFala

Answer by SexiFala at 11:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2008