is it normal to have a smell down there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• good question. I need to know too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• discharge,itching with smell usually means a yeast or other infection in that "area" . Douche helps and if it doesnt ..you may have an infection down yonder & should discuss with your OBGYN
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Ive had a smell down there since i frist got pregnant with my daughter and that was almost 3 years ago and its not like a strong smell but there is a smell and i ve had ever since ive been to the doctors and i have nuthing no std no infection nuthing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• okay all 4 of you ladies!.... a smell down there usually means a certain bacterial infection. you have all kinds of good bacteria in your vagina, and any infections is just an over production of those bacterias.

DOUCHING IS BAD BAD BAD. don't douche. i used to do it all the time and my doctor told me to totally stop using feminine hygiene products. because it's taking away from the GOOD BACTERIAS.

you should see a your obgyn or a county health department. they will give you some meds to treat it.

good luck.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 4:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you think it smells bad there is most likely something going on and you should see a doctor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009