Michelle's Political Focus- do you agree?

Her focus is on military families.....

Do you think she should shift her focus to something else? Are there more important things?

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 1:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• She needs to pick another cause, I am a military wife, who's husband is currently deployed, the sympathy 'wouldn't  mean crap to me, when her own husbands gonna cut military funding. How can she act as if she knows what we go throw on a daily basis and some of us have children who have disabilities. Its not a cake walk when you have your husband called off to war, but we deal with it. Thank God for family and friend who help each of us with our disabled child.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• She made these publicized trips to military bases but only Anti-Bush wives were allowed to attend. She was a joke.

I can't stand her
    LibraryLady200

Answer by LibraryLady200 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm still trying to figure out what she stands for...
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 1:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think its a great idea for her to put her attention towards Military families! There are alot of problems with our country that she could focus on- such as: education, families of children with disabilities, displaced families due to natural disasters, the hungry, etc. There are soooo many issues! But military families- I feel do not get as much support as they should. These families send thier loved ones to fight for us, and then they are just kind of left to wait and see if thier loved ones come back home to them. They can use all the support that can be offered!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

I can't stand her

DITTO
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• to ask if there are more important things is definitely going to get the OP a wide variety of answers: as to defining what is important in this country has become a relative term for all.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 2:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• (Chuckle) This time I am posting anon to keep the debate civil. When most people see my profile jumpson the defense. Tonight is not one of those nights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• they jump on the defense. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• Tonight is not one of those nights.
    *******
    i hear ya
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 2:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I for one am really glad. I think military families get shoved to the back. Even just being recognized as a whole is a good thing. The fact that she sees a problem and is trying to make it public... even if she doesn't make changes I'm glad that military families are her initial focus

As far as inviting only anti-bush families... I think that's reasonable. Have you EVER seen a rally full of ppl that DIDN'T support the politician? They all do that...I don't know if she had private meetings with ppl who didn't support Obama, but I would hope she did. Regardless, if she's trying to make changes- it will effect ALL military families... even the ones who don't support Obama. Thats good enough for me.

p.s. I'm a military wife!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2009