OK nightowls, what was the most embarrassing thing your kid ever sad to someone?

My son relayed the message to his teacher where I said, "mommy can't go volunteer today because I have cramps", the next day she was laughing because he stood up in front of the class and said "My mommy can't come today because she has CRABS"!

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww thats to cute!! lol

one day i was on my period, and my daughter (she was 3 at the time) and i went out shopping, and we were in the bathroom stall, and my daughter yelled sooooo loud "MOMMMMMY YOURE BLEEEEEDING"!! she was so scared, cuz she saw some blood!! it was so embarrasing. i heard a few people chuckle..i mean yaa its a fact of life..but..still...and then when we came outta the stall, there was a lil old lady there that made a comment on how innocent lil children are..good times..lol..goooood times!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• oops! said
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• How funny my youngest child wasn't turning in homework when asked why he told his teacher his mom and dad coundn't afford to buy pencils.I wanted to knock him out you know how cheap pencils are.Kids will try anything.God bless them
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When my daughter was really little, she picked up some kids broken watch pieces at her daycare and had put the pin that holds the bands on, in her ear. When we were waiting in the ER, the rn had her lie on her side and it fell out. I asked my daughter why she would put that in her ear, and she said becuase she didn't have any pockets! From that day on she had pockets!!! lol
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 3:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ROFL - at the crabs thing - and lol - I have to pick only one?

My dh is in the Navy, and when our dd was 5, he was assigned to a ship. She was very confused about why a ship is called a she, when it's an it - it's not alive. And why do they have boy names if they're girls? And do the boy Sailors ride on boy ships and the girl Sailors ride on girl ships? Our ds, who was 6, wanted to know where they went when it rained (he thought they were solid, more like his toy boats at the time.)

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• cont

So - we explained that no, it's not alive - they really are "it's", but that it was tradition to call a ship a she, or talk about her like she was a girl. We also took them on board, and showed them around, and explained that Daddy was going to ride around on the ship and help catch bad guys... (hey, it worked for a 6 yr old...)

WELL - we thought they got it, until one day, in the commissary (of course this time I HAD to go on payday, so it was WAY crowded), my dd is talking to the cashier and she's telling her her name, and how her Daddy is in the Navy, and how "my Mommy says my Daddy rides some girl out on base" (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I about DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sailorwifenmom

• My ds once told a lady on a field trip that "we don't have enough money to shop at the Dollar Store" when, as part of a field trip, they were letting them shop for Christmas presents there.

Actually, what we told him (he was about 6) was that we were only going to give him so much money to shop, and he could spend it at the mall when we took him, or at the Santa shop at school, or on the field trip, but that he couldn't have lots of money to shop at all 3. We were trying to start to teach budgeting (in a very simple form) to him. He chose the mall and the Santa shop, so we only gave him a couple of bucks for the Dollar Store.

cont

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He spent it, then his buddies came out with this toy that he wanted, too, and she (the lady) told him he could go back in and get it, and that's when he told her that. She told him that he could go in and buy whatever he wanted and don't worry, she would buy it - SO HE DID! He got a TON of crap! I was SO embarrassed!
    sailorwifenmom

• lol - for what it's worth though - they're both teens and they're just as embarrassed (lol - if not more so) hearing these stories as I was, living through them as their mom ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009