Do conditioners expire? How about other hair products?

Ok I'm the type who really likes hair products. I stored a lot in a cabinet. I have one conditioner I think is two years old or more. It still smells good...not as smooth runny like it was before. There's a code but no expiration date. I'd throw it away if it was a cheap conditioner but it's one of those that was a bit pricey.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• no i dont think they do i think it would just dry up a little
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'd say that if there wasn't an expiration date, then its good for as long as it looks like it did when you first got it
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Better safe than sorry - toss it.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Just shake it up to remix. Probably just settled. Some of my big bottles don't get used very fast and they settle. I don't think conditioner goes bad...but I've never had one that long either.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes they do. The effectiveness of the ingredients breaks down and they won't work as well on your hair.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009