Homesick and hungry

Home Improvement is set in Detroit and in this episode Tim drove down to Toledo (where I went to college) and it's making me very homesick. So what do I do to remedy this? I go in the kitchen to find the Hostess cupcakes that I bought the other day. Guess who already ate them all? That's right, my husband. So we'll throw a question in here, do you hide food from your hubby? I'm considering keeping a secret stash somewhere he'll never look, like the laundry room.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 3:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol yes i do. hubby does not touch it if it is in my jar. and the kids have no idea i even have anything in it. its a white ribbed jar the kids think i keep because its pretty . if they only knew.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 11:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• LOL leave it to the place where cleaning gets done to hide it huh? lol MEN!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• tee hee no thankfully my husband and i dont liek the same junk food lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• As far as the food, I don't hide stuff from dh. He doesn't eat all the crap I do lol.

When I get homesick I cook. When we found out we were moving so far away I asked everyone for recipes. If there was something specific someone made that we liked I asked for that recipe. Otherwise just something they made often. After we got here I put them all in a book and when we get homesick we find something in there and make it. Works great for holidays too. We might not be able to spend them with the family but we can at least eat like we were there!
    MissInvisible

Answer by MissInvisible at 3:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Not from my hubby, but definitely from the kids. I will tell dh about what I buy and we will share stuff but if my kids get ahold of it, it will be gone in minutes. I don't eat a lot of junk, but every now and then I want a swiss cake roll and I want them to be in there...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Any time you want something from Packo's or something from somewhere here in T-town just PM me and I will be happy to send it to you!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes, if I buy special chocolates for myself I have to hide it in our bedroom where he won't look.
    Also, we have a cabinet where he has his own shelf and I have my own shelf. The girls share the same snack and breakfast items that are stored in the pantry. My husband prefers specific things for his lunches he takes to work and I prefer certain teas, coffees and little "things" for myself without having to have the "goblins" eat them up on me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009